[OSM-talk] Released MapContrib 0.8.0

Frédéric Rodrigo fred.rodrigo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 11:03:45 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the release of version 0.8.0 of MapContrib :
https://github.com/MapContrib/MapContrib

MapContrib is a web thematic editor to OpenStreetMap. It is simple,
universal (works on all devices) and mobile (go test it in the street!)

 From a user perspective, this release brings among others:

- A homepage with search engine and a list of the themes put ahead to
the arrival of visitors
- The fact of not having to click twice to create a theme ^^
- Add the plugin MarkerCluster, it use to group markers when they are
too many in the same area
- Being able to choose the geocoder when theme created: Nominatim or
Photon (default)
- Free edit of tags
- Tags filter on submission
- Various fixes and improvements

The next version will bring, among other things, a cache system to not
longer run to many overpass queries.

You can now test / use / share the tool with

http://www.mapcontrib.xyz

Note: I'm not the author, I just forward the news.

Frédéric.