[OSM-talk] MAPS.ME edits - partly sub-standard

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:18:29 UTC 2016

> On 20 Jun 2016 5:31 pm, "Martin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have just discovered another type of problem:
>
> > people adding full wikipedia urls into the website tag. In all cases
> there was already a wikipedia tag present.
>
> This is precisely the sort of thing a bot could clean up, daily or weekly
> say.

actually it is not that simple. As we haven't only 1 method, but, for good
reason, several, to store references to wikipedia, this bot would have to
check whether the linked full url in the website is already covered by the
wikipedia interlanguage links or not. This is not impossible, but also not
completely trivial. This bot should also check whether the previous version
had a different website value and restore this in case it makes sense, or
flag it for human review.

Cheers,
Martin