[OSM-talk] How to handle Maps.Me ?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:05:38 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Simone Cortesi <simone at cortesi.com> wrote:
> Did somebody get in touch with the people at maps.me?
>
> I think they should be involved in the mess their users are causing to our
> ecosystem.

Yes, maps.me is aware there is room for improvement in their editing
tool. Zverik is from maps.me and has participated in the previous
thread.

I think everyone is aware now it is a significant issue so working on
constructive ways to improve the maps.me editing feature is probably
the best way forward.

Terms like "sub-standard" "garbage" "mess" etc are not really helping
get anything solved.

There are good suggestions in both of these threads, let us see what
maps.me can or is planning on implementing to incorporate them as well
as continue to offer constructive suggestions on how to improve the
editing functionality in maps.me keeping in mind maps.me's goals for
their application.

Regards
blake