[OSM-talk] Guides to improve navigation data in OpenStreetMap

Janko Mihelic janko.mihelic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 00:02:09 UTC 2016

pet, 11. ožu 2016. 21:00 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> je
napisao:

> what about the pavement/sidewalk, shall it be included? If yes, what is a
> lane there, e.g. when there are (partially) physical separations?

No,  I wouldn't include sidewalks. You could argue that sidewalks are just
another lane, but there is a difference. The moment you step on a street,
you are following rules of a game. Everyone on the street should know about
each other, and act accordingly.
Sidewalks are a different story, you can stop and chat there, there are no
rules.

So even if there are no physical separations, I would never include a
sidewalk in the lane scheme of a road (except with the sidewalk=*
attribute).

Janko