[OSM-talk] osm maps on wikipedia - discussion

Chris Koerner ckoerner at wikimedia.org
Tue May 3 15:16:08 UTC 2016

Howdy,
I work at the Wikimedia Foundation as a Community Liaison
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Liaisons> for the Discovery
department <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Discovery>. Along with
Yuri Astrakhan and Max Semenik, I've been helping to work with Wikipedians
interested in interactive maps. As you can tell, we're early in the
conversation and appreciate any feedback or ideas from your community (some
of you have already joined us on the talk page - thank you and welcome!

I saw the wiki page Richard created welcoming Wikipedians to OpenStreetMaps
and wanted to say thank you! I've included it on our conversation page
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Maps/Conversation_about_interactive_map_use>
toward
the bottom, but feel free to include a link to it elsewhere in the page if
you think it makes sense.

I hope that our projects can work well together. If anyone has questions
about how we're using OSM or want to know more, please feel free to drop a
note on the talk page or reach out directly.

--
Yours,
Chris Koerner