[OSM-talk] Which type of highways are used by routing software?

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Wed Nov 2 11:04:14 UTC 2016

Hello Lester,

As a devops I understand your pain ;-) but for OSRM, I found that using
docker and staying on a fixed  docker version for OSRM makes the pain a lot
easier.  You say you are using GPS in the car, do you also have a OSRM
server running in the car? And is this server docker-ready? Because then I
would strongly suggest you follow the instructions at
https://hub.docker.com/r/osrm/osrm-backend/ it works like a charm for me.

> On 02/11/16 10:07, Milo van der Linden wrote:
> > In OSRM routing profiles are scripted in lua files. I suggest you take a
> > look at them and see if they fit your needs.
>
> The current requirement is for something that actually works when I
> switch on GPS in the car. It's bad enough that the user interface seems
> to be different every time I NEED the thing - even having 'automatic
> update' off ...downloading new maps complains when the program has not
> been updated.
>
> I had a working OSRM service of my own, but I've not had time to rebuild
> everything to use the 'new' formats. Another distraction that was not
> really necessary? Just about every part of the current computing
> infrastructure seems to be subject to daily often pointless changes? :(
>
> I've just spent two days trying to get email services working again for
> clients because of breaks from the likes of yahoo and google ... just
> leave working systems alone ...
>
> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL

[image: http://www.dogodigi.net] <http://www.dogodigi.net>