[OSM-talk] iD v2.0.0 beta - help test!

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Fri Nov 4 22:27:22 UTC 2016

We have been working really hard on iD the past few months and we’re releasing v2.0.0 in the next week or so.

iD v2.0.0 will look and feel the same as v1.x but has significant changes to the code structure. It is written in a modular style, and uses new tools to build the code.  This will benefit us by making it easier to keep iD's dependencies up to date, share iD code with other OSM projects, and keep current the with ever-changing state of the art in JavaScript development.

Huge thanks go out to to all of our contributors, the changelog is really amazing:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#200 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#200>
(We are still adding a few more features and fixing bugs over the next week)

How you can help:

1. Test the latest version of iD:
https://openstreetmap.us/iD/master/ <https://openstreetmap.us/iD/master/>

2. Report any bugs that you find:
iD supports all modern operating systems and browsers.  When opening an issue, please include your operating system, browser type and version, and any information you can think of that might help us reproduce the issue.  Screenshots are super helpful too!
https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues>

3. Translate!
iD supports over 70 languages now, but most of them are not fully translated.  We need your help!
Click below to open the iD translation project on Transifex.
https://www.transifex.com/ideditor/id-editor/ <https://www.transifex.com/ideditor/id-editor/>

4. Spread the word:
The more help we get with testing the beta version, the better iD will be!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/794666881563160576 <https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/794666881563160576>

Thanks!  🙇
Bryan