[OSM-talk] OpenStreetView name change

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Nov 8 15:34:12 UTC 2016

Hi all,

A few months ago, we started with OpenStreetView, the free and open street
level imagery project made 100% for OSM with apps for Android and iOS.
Since then, we not only have collected almost 300000 kilometers of
coverage, but also received a lot of attention from both you and the press.
This has also led to a friendly (for now) request by a well-known company
with a similarly-named product :) to not use the OpenStreetView name. So we
are looking for a new name. We have some ideas already but I wanted to ask
if you had any suggestions for a new name for OSV?

Thanks for your support and happy capturing / mapping,

Martijn + the OpenStreetView team