[OSM-talk] A webinar proposal b i-locate project

Sergio Farruggia sergio.farruggia at fastwebnet.it
Fri Nov 11 21:47:34 UTC 2016

Dear all,

Being the first message in the “talk” list, to which I joined following the suggestion of Simone Cortesi (thanks Simone),

I would like to introduce myself. I am involved on the project i-locate,

"Indoor / outdoor location and asset management through open geodata",

which will conclude the activities at the end of this year.

On the website Http://www.i-locate.eu/  you can find all information and documentation about the history of this project.

Following the msg https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=55121  posted by the coordinator of the project, Nicola Dorigatti,

I would like to propose now the organization of a webinar in order to share various aspects related to the results and sustainability

of the initiative over the period of official closure.

i-locate is working on open standard, open source and opening our work to the communities all over the Europe (and even the world if any).
We decided to follow a new but potential standard for indoor spaces description and indoor graphs description,

called IndoorGML ( http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/indoorgml  ) which fits well with OSM indoor schema.

We also use OSM data for routing. We are running a customized (edits are open source) version of OTP (Open Trip Planner)

for providing seamless indoor/outdoor routing using the indoor graphs described as above.

In addition, we developed a JOSM plugin (not officially release but source code is open and free for everyone) that allows to import, view edit and export IndoorGML data.

A webinar agenda might be:

- An introduction to the project-locate

- Presentation of the i-locate Training Framework

- Q&A

The virtual meeting should take an hour;

scheduled date: the first week of December.

Before fixing the webinar date, I would like collect your interest as well  as suggestions

in order to organize an interesting and productive event and join OSM community to work together.

Hope to hear from you,

Ciao,

Sergio