[OSM-talk] Pic4Carto: efficient pictures viewer for micro-mapping

PanierAvide panieravide at riseup.net
Tue Nov 15 16:43:40 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

There are more and more street-view pictures which are under open
license (Mapillary, Wikimedia Commons, Flickr, and OpenStreetView which
is changing its name). These pictures are a gold mine containing a lot
of interesting informations for OpenStreetMap, however they are not
fully used yet. Maybe one explanation of this is that every source has
its own web portal, not always simple to use or fast to load.

In order to get the best of all pictures, I created a tool to help
mappers named Pic4Carto. It allows to see all recent pictures from
Mapillary, Flickr and Wikimedia Commons, on a given area, as a slideshow
(pictures showing one by one automatically). The goal is to watch fast
all the data on the area, to discover features we want to add in
OpenStreetMap (for example benches, fire hydrants, billboards, maxspeed
signs...). The tool is available here :

http://projets.pavie.info/pic4carto/

It's an open-source software (under AGPL license), source code is
available on Framagit :

https://framagit.org/PanierAvide/Pic4Carto

Don't hesitate to make any suggests, report bugs of share any idea for
improvements ;-)

Cordially.

--
PanierAvide