[OSM-talk] local community builders, unite?

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 07:40:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

It took me a while, but based on all the input we got for the Local
Communities Panel at State of the Map Brussels, I wrote a diary [1] entry
on building local mapping communities. I focused on the stuff the people
who couldn't make it to SotM contributed.

It has two main subjects:
- sharing what has (or hasn't) worked for us
- stuff that the global community could really help us with

Even though I got some positive feedback at the diary page and on twitter
[2], I'm afraid something like this will have very little impact unless we
follow up on it.

At the Local Chapters congress during SotM Brussels, it was quite clear
that a lot of people did have the energy to keep stuff like this visible.
But where are you now? How can we keep working together?

For the sharing experience part, I suppose we should build in the wiki.
For the needed features, I think we need to be able to make some
propositions as some sort of group. And for that, we'd need some kind of
channel. Any suggestions?

[1]: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/diary/39876
[2]: https://twitter.com/pascal_n/status/798214962879471616

--