[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Carto release v2.45.0

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Mon Nov 28 16:35:53 UTC 2016

Dear all,

Today, v2.45.0 of the openstreetmap-carto stylesheet (the default
stylesheet on openstreetmap.org) has been released.

Changes include:
- Rendering all shops without a specific icon as a dot, not just a
whitelist
- Scrub pattern change to random
- Changing pitch and track color
- Railway stations rendering as major buildings
- Rendering the name of man_made=bridge inside the polygon
- Documentation updates (including cartography design goals and icon
design guidelines)
- Icons general code cleaning
- Various bug fixes

Thanks to all the contributors for this release, including micahcochran,
a new contributor.

For a full list of commits, see
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/compare/v2.44.1...v2.45.0

As always, we welcome any bug reports at
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues.

You may also like to know that this release is the first with 3 new
project
maintainers on board. Please be aware that we're going to drop some
legacy
dependencies soon (like Mapnik 2), so we're approaching a big version
change.

--
"A dragon lives forever but not so little boys" [L. Lipton]