[OSM-talk] Call for participation: OSM Elbe-Labe-Meeting in October, 8-9th 2016, Dresden, Germany

SB79 sb-listen at gmx-topmail.de
Mon Sep 5 08:46:56 UTC 2016

Dear all,

we invite you to participate in the "Elbe-Labe-Meeting", an
OpenStreetMap event that will take place in October, 8-9th 2016 in
Dresden (Germany). The event will bring together OpenStreetMap
enthusiasts from the Czech Republic, Germany, and beyond. You map, use
OpenStreetMap data, or contribute in another way to the project? You are
very welcome!

Our program will comprise of talks and discussions and aims to foster
exchange between OSM communities, in particular between communities of
different languages: We all face similar challenges - why not learn from
each other? From mapping of hiking trails to navigation and routing
information: What works here and what works in other countries? How does
specific local and global mapping fit together in OSM?
Our speakers and participants will shed light on these issues, including
Sarah (waymarkedtrails), Miroslav (mapped more than 40000 km of tracks),
Daniel (Open Source Routing Machine), and Frank (outdoor orientation for
the visually impaired). There will be time and space for self-organized
sessions as well.

Join us and sign up for participation here:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Elbe-Labe-Meeting

We are excited to meet you in Dresden!

PS: Sign up before September 14th in order to be able to order one of
our meeting T-shirts. :-)