[OSM-talk] Neutrality of SotM

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:02:05 UTC 2016

To my eye all those tweets are just promoting SotM and and the OSM
Awards, none say vote for RH.

SotM and OSM should be promoting the awards and the nominees, that is
one of the the points of the awards, to increase exposure for people
doing great work.

It is kind of a bummer that there are so many great groups and people
doing important work with and through OSM that it has to get narrowed
down to five in each category and then only 1 winner, but as Ilya
said, that is just the nature of awards.

I have never been a "competition" person, I am one of those
everyone-deserves-a-trophy types of people :) And that is doubly true
for everyone in the OSM community since I know first hand the positive
impact OSM has around the world.

Cheers and thank you to everyone who was nominated, the finalists, the
eventual winners and everyone who contributes in some way to the OSM
community, you are all winners already!

Blake