[OSM-talk] Filling in the gaps in the map with crowdsourcing techniques

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:10:03 UTC 2016

>From evidence of the edits I'm still to be convinced as to the usefulness
of these smart phone devices. Often inaccurate & unclear (Navmii) or unable
to recognise entities mapped as polygons & limit presets. (MAPS.ME & others)

A _very_ experienced mapper recently added POIs to places already mapped as
closed ways:
"I was testing out MAPS.ME yesterday while out and about. But it's a bit
limiting. Clearly I needed a shop=tea preset for example!"

That is very much in my mind, buildings mapped as a way do not show up in
OSMand for example for adding tags only POIs are available.

Cheerio John