[OSM-talk] The Top Ten Tasks list

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Thu Apr 6 07:52:34 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Since 2008 we had a https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Top_Ten_Tasks
wiki page which listed things new developers could work on, that would
improve OSM users experience. Things like OSM bugs (notes) integration,
an improved history tab and clickable points of interest. The list was
last updated in 2011.

We at the Engineering Working Group are now working towards updating the
top ten tasks page, so it reflects needs and wishes of the current
OpenStreetMap users and mappers. We have some ideas, but we also need
your help.

You all use the website, the API and other core services daily. And you
must have things that are bothering you, or that you wish were
implemented. Please go to https://pads.ccc.de/k4rlFOGIHb and add these
to the list. Anything can go there: it's a brainstorming, not a final list.

Next Tuesday, when the EWG meets, we will look through the list and
identify the tasks for the top ten. If you wish to attend, mark the
time:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=EWG+Meeting&iso=20170411T20&ah=1
and set up Mumble: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble . We will
be happy to hear your thoughts.