[OSM-talk] Finding duplicate cycleways

Tobias Zwick osm at westnordost.de
Fri Apr 28 17:58:31 UTC 2017

Hey Roland

The reason I asked about whether there is a tool that finds (possibly
wrong) duplicate mapped cycleways because a very similar algorithm could
be used to determine whether any one street is actually *missing*
cycleway tagging or whether the cycleway is in fact already tagged but
as a separate way.
In other words, I need all those roads that neither have a cycleway=*
tag (easy) nor have a cycleway-way next to them (the hard part). I
wonder, is this possible to achieve with an Overpass query?

I was told here
https://github.com/westnordost/StreetComplete/issues/139#issuecomment-297518195
by an Osmose-backend contributor that they implemented this already, but
of course, Osmose does direct postgis queries, so more is possible with
this.
https://github.com/osm-fr/osmose-backend/blob/master/analysers/analyser_osmosis_cycleway_track.py

I am developing an app with which one should be able to map cycleways
basically by simply answering the question "Is there a cycleway here?"
and of course, the app needs to find out, where it may ask and where it
shouldn't.

Greetings
Tobias