[OSM-talk] Draft Trademark Policy

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Fri Aug 4 19:50:25 UTC 2017

On Friday 04 August 2017, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Which doesn't mean that there's no room for improvement, but calling
> this a "strict" policy certainly means you haven't read a lot of
> trademark policies ;)

I meant 'strict' here in a purely relative sense compared to the current
practice, not in absolute terms.  For this you would be right, i have
next to no knowledge of trademark policies elsewhere and before getting
into comparative analysis here we would also have to think about what
kind of organization the OSMF can actually be compared to in this
field.

So i stick to looking at what we have now and what this policy would
change.  I am sorry if this was not apparent from what i wrote.

And in case this is not clear: I have not yet formed an opinion on the
matter, i am still in the process of analyzing what effects a change in
policy (from essentially no rules to these - however strict or lenient
you might consider them) will have.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/