[OSM-talk] An import in New Zealand, assistance requested

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Wed Aug 16 06:31:42 UTC 2017

Dear Robin,

I see that these buildings have got one author who has on his statistics
page about 6 thousand edits. How do you know that these buildings were
actually imported and not drawn manually in an editor? Was there a clear
acknowledgement about importing of these building? I have got about 9
thousand edits on mine and I did not do a single import.

I am not a stranger to horrors of untangling Gordian knots of automated
imports and ravages of optical shape recognition software on vast
expanses. I am not in a Data Group, but I am curious how you realized
that these are the imports? From where this data could be imported? Was
it actually imported from a database or drawn automatically by some
pattern & shape recognition software?

Who could have such a detailed database about hundreds of thousands of
buildings? Who could enter such data into a legacy database? With what
tools?

With best regards,
Oleksiy