[OSM-talk] Macromapping problems

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 20:29:41 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 22. Aug 2017, at 01:42, Daniel Koć <daniel at koć.pl> wrote:
>
> Of course we can have some of them, but while landuses can be added quite easily, it's different with the rest.

it's not easy for forests or similar things either, because they might be split (for good reason) into several smaller objects. What you need for good macro maps is generalization, i.e. merging together of similar things, reduction of unwanted detail while keeping the characteristics and significant features and shapes. Nothing we should encourage our mappers to do in the main db (at least as long as we have one scale fits it all data), it must be done parallel or with locally processed data.

Cheers,
Martin