[OSM-talk] Highway=trunk : harmonization between countries ?

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 09:47:13 UTC 2017

On 23/08/17 00:52, Greg Troxel wrote:
> If I drag the start point NE just a bit it flips to the route you like.
>
> I don't have enough Copious Spare Time, but I'd like to see a way for
> routers to export their estimates of time/distance per leg, and to match
> that up with GPX, and essentially find legs with bad estimates, so they
> can be looked at indvidually.  This is more complicated because there is
> intersection behavior, so I think it needs to have time for the middle
> leg out of 3, or something that I haven't figured out, but still, one
> should be able to ask "Did what the router said would happen happen".

Time being the same problem here ... and finding OSMAND working
differently every time I do jump into the car does not help :( I still
keep trying to set routes as I used to and have to try and remember what
the new sequences are ... I'm doing a lot less driving these days and
only to established sites so the time even to fix things like road
colours is not worth the effort.

The A46 is a 'nice' test case as the main route has many poorly designed
roundabouts and at some times of the day the whole Evesham area just
grinds to a halt. Stratford is just as bad and the new roads planned
will make things even worse rather than helping. We don't stand much
chance of designing a harmonized routing process when the planners can't
even fix the problems they create :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL