[OSM-talk] An import in New Zealand, assistance requested

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Aug 31 19:56:46 UTC 2017

Am 31.08.2017 um 20:56 schrieb Éric Gillet:
> <mailto:simon at poole.ch>>:
>
>     Sorry for responding to this late.
>
>     Just because a specific source has been legally "OK"ed doesn't imply
>     that an import of all the data from a specific source is warranted
>     and
>     should continue on for all times. The import guidelines are silent on
>     this, but I would suggest that revisiting and reviewing such
>     undertaking
>     now and then would really make sense.
>

> Meh, If the import has been going on for years, and the only objection
> is about "process" or meta-data, I'd say they should continue.
I can guarantee you that they didn't start off with buildings (the
original import was road data it seems).

> If there is problems with the data or what's being entered on OSM, we
> can stop and think before continuing.
Well it seems as if exactly -that- wasn't happening which is why this
thread was started in the first place. Seems however that the brakes
have been put on now, see
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2017-July/005118.html

Simon