[OSM-talk] Tagging/rendering relations

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sun Dec 3 23:20:56 UTC 2017

W dniu 03.12.2017 o 19:31, Yves pisze:

> Because the discussion can be heated by the fear of seeing something
> 'disappear' from the map overnight.

Well, the fear might be there, but the discussion was already here, it
was not too heated, and that was just my conclusions after the
discussion. I also wrote the clear TL;DR summary that rendering should
for now show everything - and then the criticism hit the list, when
there was not declared to "disappear" anything, let alone over night.

So it has to be something different, I guess, and I still don't know
what is it?

> I don't have a particular idea concerning the orthogonals tags
> mentioned here. But it seems to me they could be discussed better as
> tags in a more general way, then the maintainers of osm-carto could
> propose with their own rendering choice.

That went just like you said: I came with the tagging problem triggered
by designing rendering, we talked about the tagging problems, and I
proposed my choice - one for tagging, the second one for rendering.

However it's not that easy nor productive to make everything separate.
It was parallel discussion in the osm-carto ticket and the arguments
were not heard on the list. Making more threads doesn't help to
understand the problem and it's better to avoid it.

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]