[OSM-talk] Support OSM communities and disaster response this holiday season (by 31 Dec)

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Sat Dec 16 16:33:01 UTC 2017

On Saturday 16 December 2017, Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:

> I'm not sure if you are aware of how the microgrant system is run,
> but local OSM communities, such as OSM Zambia, submit grant proposals
> which are then selected by HOT. This is what is meant by Tyler when
> he wrote "OSM community leaders". These are basically the "leaders"
> (in the broadest sense of the word) of local communities who do the
> work of actually conceptualizing/writing a grant proposal. Hence,
> "projects conceptualized by OSM community leaders".
>
> And surely saying that the decision-making process is "completely
> intransparent" is just being plain lazy. Here are several blog posts
> and documents providing quite a bit of detail into the process and
> results that can be reached with just a couple minutes of Googling:

Thanks for the links.

I stand by my critique of how the OSM community is engrossed in how this
is presented by HOT and also by my assessment of the decision making
processes being intransparent (the validity of which has no bearing on
the main point of critique though).

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/