[OSM-talk] Editing in Front Range of US State of Colorado

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 16:35:09 UTC 2017

Hello,

If you are armchair mapping in the Front Range of the US State of Colorado,
particularly the canyons west of the cities of Loveland, Fort Collins,
etc., please be aware that we had a devastating flood here in the fall of
2013 that dramatically changed the courses of the rivers through these
canyons, as well as destroying much of the human built infrastructure along
those rivers. US Highway 34 in the Big Thompson Canyon between Loveland and
Fort Collins in particular is still being reconstructed. This is not shown,
or not fully shown, on the sources of overhead imagery we generally have
available in OSM.  I continue to find that other mappers have added
features back to the map which were destroyed by the flood, and which I and
other local mappers correctly deleted.  Before you add what may appear to
be a missing building, parking lot, reservoir, dam, park, trail, etc.,
please be sure it really exists in reality today.

Thank you,

Mike