[OSM-talk] State of the Map US 2017 Announced!

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Wed Feb 1 08:23:20 UTC 2017

Hi Ian,

Thank you for the information.

I would like just to add that Boulder is located at the base of the
foothills of the Rocky Mountains at an elevation of 5,430 feet (1,655
m). It seems there are a lot of mountain trails there, - one can see it
by GPS traces:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=13/39.9662/-105.3131&layers=G

So obviously it would be possible to combine the conference with
consequent hiking in the magnificent Rocky Mountains. Nowadays one can
see at Youtube a lot of videos on safety techniques in mountains, on
selecting the right equipment, clothing, and footwear. If one is new to
to hiking and trekking I would highly recommend to get acquainted with
the basic information and to test the acquired equipment well beforehand
on a smaller scale.

With best regards,
Oleksiy