[OSM-talk] OSM for government

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Feb 3 15:33:36 UTC 2017

TRIMet in Portland, Oregon, US is the regional transit operator. They use
and contribute to OSM. The US National Park Service has been working on a
version of iD that can feeds users changesets into both OSM and NPS. Last I
heard it still is waiting to be rolled out. (Now that NPS is in trouble for
their tweets, not sure if we'll even have national parks.)

If there isn't a catalog there should be.

Clifford

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 5:44 AM, joost schouppe <joost.schouppe at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With the Belgian community, we're making some careful progress into
> getting government to really integrate OSM/VGI into their data management
> efforts. So not talking about background maps here, real data contribution
> or community engagement.
>
> There are some very specific issues and opportunities there. I believe the
> Canadian Census is going that way. Are there any other projects in this
> direction? Is there anything like a project catalogue around?
>
> --
> Joost Schouppe
> OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |
> Twitter <https://twitter.com/joostjakob> | LinkedIn