[OSM-talk] [save the date(s)] some conferences in 2017

Benoit Fournier ben.fournier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:08:25 UTC 2017

Hello OSM folks,

2017 will be a great year again if you like our community events.
Just to name a few, you could attend:

FOSSGIS 2017, Passau, Germany, 22–25 Mar
State of the Map France 2017, Avignon, France, 2–4 Jun
State of the Map Africa 2017, Kampala, Uganda, 8–10 Jul
State of the Map 2017, Aizuwakamatsu, Japan, 18–20 Aug
FOSS4G+SOTM Argentina 2017, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 23–28 Oct
State of the Map - LatAm 2017, Lima, Perú, 29 Nov – 2 Dec

And certainly many other events in preparation in Asia, USA and all
over the world. So take the time to check for all other international,
national conferences and your local events!

If you are able to travel in Europe, I would also like to draw your
attention to some extra events related to geo-free-open-stuff that
could be of interest to some of you:

pgDay Paris
* what: PostgreSQL, free database tools, development, use and more
* by: members of PostgreSQL community
* for: people interested in database, PostgreSQL/PostGIS ...
* language: mostly english-speaking
* when: 23 March 2017
* where: Paris, France
* link: http://www.pgday.paris/

GeoPython
* what: Python, all things data and geomatics
* by: local Python User Group and university FHNW
* for: people interested in data, open source, programming ...
* language: mostly english-speaking
* when: 8-10 May 2017
* where: Basel, Switzerland
* link: https://2017.geopython.net/

FOSS4G-Europe
* what: Free GIS tools, development, use and more
* by: OSGeo-FR and international OSGeo/FOSS4G community
* for: people interested in GIS, geodata ...
* language: mostly english-speaking
* when: 18-22 July 2017
* where: Marne-la-Vallée (East suburb Paris, France)
* link: https://europe.foss4g.org/2017/

Please forward to anyone possibly interested.

Enjoy!

Ben