[OSM-talk] Beware Pokemon users

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:32:51 UTC 2017

No, there is no evidence of diffs being used. Heck, there isn't even hard
evidence that they are using OSM data at all yet. And I agree, if they are
actually using OSM, it is most likely a snapshot that gets updated only
periodically.

But once there are enough reddit threads about it, it doesn't matter if
it's true. Anyone remember when a similar thing happened with Apple maps
and 4chan? That time it was all about changing famous street names to
vulgar terms just for the lulz.

Toby