[OSM-talk] Lots of small copies of existing relations

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 11 19:10:09 UTC 2017

I am working on bus routes and regularly download a whole area worth of
bus routes with Overpass. What I see quite frequently is that some edit
is done and in the aftermath a lot of copies of a busroute have been
created with just a few (sometimes just one) member.
These all seem to be in error, just copies of an existing relation with
a very small subset of the members.
Just now I'm noticing relations 6750658, 6750656, 6750655, 6750654,
6750653, 6750652, 6750651, 6750650, 6750649, 6750648, all AVV 402 in one
direction or the other. Only relation 6750655 seems legit, the rest have
1 to 3 members.
I have written a comment in the changeset (44056226), but I have done
this before with no reaction.
I notice that the edit was done with iD. Is there a known problem with
iD that it generates copies of relations while editing? Or does this
have to be a deliberate action in iD (I don't know iD at all).

BTW: is there an overview of which changesets I've made a comment to?

Regards,
Maarten