[OSM-talk] Untagged Nodes and Ways

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 00:41:08 UTC 2017

> It's true untagged ways don't render, trivial amount of disk space, and
they don't route. What they do is create work to fixed or remove them. At
one time in life I was a quality person with a goal of creating systems to
do it right the first time. My sense is that it isn't a new user problem,
but a systems problem. I've spend time now and them cleaning up stuff using
Frederik's OSMI tool. I'd really rather spend my time adding and improving
the map than fixing errors.

True enough but I've added a lot more buildings and highways in Africa for
a lot less effort by just adding tags to untagged ways.  Load up a country
dump into JOSM maybe cut it down first and just let JOSM validation and the
todo list plugin do their thing.

Cheerio John