[OSM-talk] complete documentation of JOSM advanced preferences

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 14:29:07 UTC 2017

On 07.07.2017 14:05, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a documentation of JOSM advanced preferences.
> [...]
> I searched via Google and could not find a description. There are
> several other preferences with similar values in square brackets. I am
> trying to understand what these figures mean.

Most entries are just the backend storage for the GUI preferences, so
there is no need to edit those by hand. Another group are settings that
give access to "hidden" features, typically for tuning a hard-coded
parameter.

There is no complete list of JOSM advanced preferences with
descriptions. Some keys and their function are mentioned in a commit
message or bug tracker comment. The best you can do is to find where the
preference key is referenced in the JOSM source code and try to
understand what it does.

Paul