[OSM-talk] Openstreetmap-carto rendering environment

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Wed Jul 12 01:46:36 UTC 2017

There's no release yet (it's just in our code repository), but I want to
inform you that openstreetmap-carto offers now easy to set up,
Docker-based rendering environment:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/blob/master/DOCKER.md

You can edit style files and see the results immediately in a web
browser without manual system configuration. It's possible to compare it
visually with online OSM maps, use overlays and export test images out
of the box.

If you have any comments or problems related to this, let us know. I'd
like to make testing as easy and comfortable as possible. I hope this
will lower the barrier to start making contributions to default OSM map
style.

--
"Like a halo in reverse" [M. Gore]