[OSM-talk] Message error on umap

Fabrizio Carrai fabrizio.carrai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 05:39:58 UTC 2017

Still looking in Umap on how to specify the delimiter. I tried your second
option to "just mess up" the interface and the data to try to find what is
confusing the app, but no joy till now. Maybe the tentative to attract with
the the easiness of the CSV has shown again its limitation. Thanks for your
hint, I will continue to play with data and app.

Fabrizio

> The delimeter is what separates one "cell" of data in the CSV file from
> the next.  Umap is telling you it cannot automatically determine what
> character you are using to separate the fields.  You will either need to
> tell it what character you are using manually (not sure how this is done
> on the umap interface), or change your CSV file to use one of the
> delimeters that it can autodetect.  Either way you will need to look at
> the documentation for umap or just mess around in the interface until
> you find what you need.  Hope this at least points you in the right
> direction, even if it is not a direct answer to your problem.
>
> -AndrewBuck
>

> On 07/15/2017 10:34 AM, Fabrizio Carrai wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I hope to not be out-of-topic but I'm having this message error when my
> > umap [1] is loaded:
> >
> > "Could not autodetect delimiter"
> >
> > After closing the pop-up data are shown correctly, but the message is
> > annoying. The map reads the data from a CSV remote data source that looks
> > good to me.
> >
> > Any idea ? Thanks in advance
> >
> > FabC
> >

> > [1]