[OSM-talk] Is the overpass API for JOSM on the fritz?

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 20 06:19:19 UTC 2017

I had no problems using the "download from overpass API" in JOSM up
until yesterday. Today it gives me all kinds of errors with queries I
know worked. Even when I build a simple query like railway=rail which
gets translated to
[out:xml][timeout:25][bbox:{{bbox}}];
(
   node["railway"="rail"];
   way["railway"="rail"];
   relation["railway"="rail"];
);
(._;>;);
out meta;

I get an error:
Failed to download data. Its format is either unsupported, ill-formed,
and/or inconsistent/
Details (untranslated): runtime errror: open64: 763 Unknown error 763
/opt/osm-3s/v0.7.54/db/user_data.bin File_Blocks::read_block: Index
inconsistent.

Other queries give me Unknown error 1500.

Maarten