[OSM-talk] Street Complete

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 05:50:38 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 12:03 AM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
> If you promote an editor that affects OSM data, you need to be responsive to
> the OSM community. That means monitoring the communication channels favoured
> by the OSM community and being prepared to respond to them. You cannot just
> decide upon your preferred tracker and refuse to listen to concerns
> elsewhere.

A full time job to monitor mailing lists, fora, irc, facebook, slack,
riot, ... :-) I wouldn't know what is the favourite channel of the OSM
communtity.
and don't forget to do that in tens of languages because complaints
are often done on local channels. I've seen this particular tool being
discussed e.g. on the German and Dutch forum.

The author of this tool is on this mailing list, but were are e.g. the
OsmAnd developers ? With some luck you can only find them on their
Google group, or Github. Or the JOSM developers?

Maybe we should inform both developers and mappers better where they
can meet each other.

regards

m.