[OSM-talk] "NRCS basic OSM training" - low quality changesets in Nepal

Dan Joseph dan.b.joseph at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 12:06:46 UTC 2017

Hi Frederik,

If someone lives in a place and starts learning how to use OSM to map their
surroundings they don't count as part of the "community"? If their first
edits aren't perfect then they don't pass your test and can't join the OSM
community?

Constrained by time and resources (as everything in life is), I can think
of many topics and skills that I would rank as higher priority then how to
engage in discussion on a changeset comment thread.

The changeset comment quoted by Andy is on some sort of automated edits
simplifying forests by user bdiscoe. Based on the type of edits and
http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?bdiscoe I think they probably are not associated
with the NRCS training.

Cheers,
Dan