[OSM-talk] Fixing broken multipolygons, some notes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 11:20:57 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 19 Mar 2017, at 10:03, Andreas Vilén <andreas.vilen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The main problem with Corine is that oftentimes the landuse data overlaps villages (which I found when I mapped mountain villages in southern Spain last week as well)

whenever looking closeup at any corine data it was hardly possible to see the same borders they have in the aerial imagery. Often they resemble, but never (in the cases I looked at) the border was drawn where I'd expect a human mapper to draw it. The data doesn't seem suitable for small scale maps (small scale is what you typically observe on the ground)

Cheers,
Martin