[OSM-talk] Responding to vandalism

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Mar 19 13:39:27 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Yves <yvecai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting, I didn't know such patrolling took place at a country scale
> in OSM. Have you revert/re-map stats?
>
> However with your point 1)you have an idea.
> How about a service rendering the area affected by an edit before 'commit'?
> This preview could be the place for an additional warning about the the
> live DB.

I'd be open to patrolling a wider area than (most) of my metro area (such
as the entire state), but it seems WHODIDIT's about the only tool that
isn't completely hamfisted that I'm aware of, and it's bbox limit isn't
quite big enough to fit what most here would consider the entire metro,
much less what TV and radio consder the entire metro (TV and radio stations
typically also consider several southeastern Kansas and northwestern
Arkansas counties as part of "metro Tulsa").