[OSM-talk] [HOT] A tool for picking up settlements tagged as a single building?

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 06:04:07 UTC 2017

JOSM comes with a measurement plugin :-)

I drew a square somewhere in Africa with sides of about 100m and the area
is about 10000m2.

For giggles, I then grabbed it and dropped it in Europe. Now the
circumference is 255m, so one side 65m and the area became 4047 square
meters.

Cheers, and hurray for JOSM and its incredible functionality!

Polyglot