[OSM-talk] multipolygon source tags preferred method

Michał Brzozowski www.haxor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 12:09:38 UTC 2017

I, for one, use source tags extensively when tracing from multiple
sources, e.g. when I trace buildings from a county's WMS layer, but
supplement it with Bing / Geoportal when for whatever reason a
building is omitted from the WMS. Using separate changesets for
different sources seems pretty overcomplicated, especially when I
would leave them open.
For quite a long time people doing address imports in Poland use
source:addr, so any POI added to address nodes or any building traced
don't create ambiguity.

Michał