[OSM-talk] Disputed border between Greece and Turkey near Imia/Kardak in the Aegean Sea (was: Re: [Geocoding] Boundries of Kardak Islands)

David Marchal penegal at live.fr
Fri Mar 31 04:39:05 UTC 2017

If I correctly remember, in such cases, both point of views should be used; in this case, two boundary segments should be dragged: one including the islets with Greece, and the other one including them with Turkey.

It has already been the case: for instance, the matter of the France-Italia border around the Mont-Blanc has never been truly solved: French maps says the summit is completely French, while Italian ones says the border crosses the summit. Even if the border, while unclear, is not really disputed, as both countries merely let it pass, the OSM management for such segment of border is that both point of views are displayed.

Anyway, as, in your case, the border is actively disputed, we should draw both; I understand that, as a Turk, you could not like that, but OSM must look beyond such disputes.

Regards.