[OSM-talk] HDYC, login requirement and "privacy"

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Fri May 5 07:47:43 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-05 09:17, Simon Poole wrote:
> Am 05.05.2017 um 00:39 schrieb MichaƂ Brzozowski:
>> Also, I see no reasonable way that upcoming EU privacy rules would
>> affect us. Would they consider OSM as a special case or what?
>> Everything mappers do, as has been said, is consensual and explicit.

> Well I don't remember giving Pascal permission to process my data, and
> believe nobody else has :-)

But what Pascal does is not what you do, so how is this applicable?

We have all agreed to the contributor terms (although I can not find the
version I have agreed to, I can only find a version from 2016) and that
says that OSMF has the right to sub-license. Which would include what
Pascal (or anyone else using or working on the data) is doing.

And, "You also waive and/or agree not to assert against OSMF or its
licensees any moral rights that You may have in the Contents."

That is pretty broad and basically tells you to shut up or put up.
Not that I see that as the last in this discussion though.

Maarten