[OSM-talk] Revisiting traffic control and traffic calming

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sun May 7 07:25:43 UTC 2017

What about a type=traffic_sign relation?

Where traffic_sign could be stop, give_way, parking.

We can put a traffic_sign tag on nodes, where they get the
country_code:specific_national_code like BE:C1. Several traffic signs can
have an effect on several ways and nodes of the road network, so we could
group them in such relations.

In case of a stop sign, we could include the sign on a node, role 'sign'.
The node of the intersection, maybe role 'to'. The way the vehicle is
approaching from, maybe role 'from'.

In case of parking it would make very clear on which ways there is parking
and we would have central place to keep track of the conditions like
"opening_hours" and tariffs, or specific requirements like permits.

Polyglot