[OSM-talk] iD news: v2.2.0 released

Erwin Olario govvin at gmail.com
Tue May 9 23:52:01 UTC 2017

I like the new walk-through! Great job every one.

It's been mentioned that it's now "complete localizable", and that sounds
very interesting in the outreach training programs we do in OSMph. Could
you post a link for details about this?

Thank you.

/Erwin

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 5:24 AM Dave F <davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Excellent, the radial menu's finally been removed! It always appeared
> precisely where I wanted to edit! I might start using it now.
>
> The walk-through is very intuitive.
>
> DaveF.
>

> On 09/05/2017 19:49, Bryan Housel wrote:
>
> *iD v2.2.0* was released May 9 2017 and is now available for editing on
> openstreetmap.org
>
> This is possibly our biggest release ever because it includes over 100
> features and represents about 3 months of work by 13 contributors, and
> countless other translators and testers.  Thank you to everyone who made
> this possible!  ❤️
> 📣 Release Highlights
>
>    -
>
>    🛰 Two new global satellite imagery layers: DigitalGlobe Premium and
>    DigitalGlobe Standard!
>    These new layers cover many parts of the world that previously had no
>    usable imagery.
>    *Check out the new imagery by opening the Background pane (shortcut B)*
>    -
>
>    👉 A new right-click editing menu replaces the old radial menu.
>    The new editing menu gives iD room to grow and won't get in the way of
>    your editing.
>    *Remember: Right-click on map features to use the new menu.*
>    -
>
>    👩‍🎓 The introductory walkthrough has been completely revised,
>    covering more OpenStreetMap concepts and common editing tasks using the new
>    right-click menu. Users can explore and practice editing in the example
>    town - now much better mapped than before and completely localizable. Even
>    long time iD users should give it a try!
>    *Replay the walkthrough from the Help pane (shortcut H).*
>    -
>
>    🚦 Big refresh of icons! You'll see a lot more icons for commonly
>    mapped features.
>    *Map traffic signals, stop signs, benches, crossings, street lamps,
>    fountains, towers, and many more.*
>    -
>
>    ✍️ You can now see and edit changeset tags before uploading to
>    OpenStreetMap.
>

> The complete changelog is pretty epic, and can be found here:
>    Changelog:
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#220
>
> The next time you launch iD, you might even see a notification down in the
> corner of the screen about the new version!
>

> Twitter:
>   v2.2.0: https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/862014150528180225
>   New Imagery: https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/862006438096510977
>   Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/bhousel for more iD updates.
>

> Thanks! 🙇
> Bryan

-- Dispatched by mental telepathy via Ansible