[OSM-talk] OSM Note 1000000

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Tue May 30 11:38:34 UTC 2017

On 26/05/2017 18:58, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> It was basically an integration of the former separat built OSMBugs.

That statement just reinforces my argument. OSMBugs was an awful
implementation which made editing a pain in the neck.

> ...as the entry barrier should be really low.
>
> If nonsensical notes come up i'll close them - its that easy.

The responsibility of verification & quality control should not have
been passed onto map contributors.

> Even when i close a nonsensical note i dont write 3.1415926 in them
> but i write
>
> "A pure number is without context and we cant interpret it to extent
> or improve the map. If you habe more context what this number means
> please reopen".
What's the point of writing all that if the OP is unable to read it?
As I said it could be a useful verification tool, but needs a stricter
input checker, written by those who are responsible for the code.

DaveF