[OSM-talk] Woods vs Forests

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 10:21:53 UTC 2017

> ONE tag to say what? You are still owing an answer to this.

I think the problem is similar to the multiple areas problem. There are
several layers of complexity so should landuse=residential enclose the
whole area including the grass and wooded areas or should they all be
isolated areas? Adding leisure=park within landuse=residential area just
makes things even more difficult? Just what is a small area of trees?
within the leisure=park or landuse=forest because it's not a
natural=wood 'creation' ... it's something the planning authorities have
requested as perhaps a barrier or simply as an amenity ... or has been
preserved as it has been there for hundreds of years ...

We need to build a proper hierarchy of LANDUSE into which more detail
can be added if required?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL