[OSM-talk] Odd mapping in Atar Mauritania

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 12:51:01 UTC 2017

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/330511654#map=16/20.5184/-13.0507

But you really need to zoom in using JOSM to see the problem.

The best way to describe it is the road network is a grid but each block of
buildings has been mapped as a single building rather than the six to a
dozen separate buildings that are there and I'm not sure what to do.  It's
not just in Atar and there are a large number of them.  I've seen something
similar by HOT mappers before but not on this scale.

One mapper has a thousand untagged ways in Mauritania most of which are of
this type.  I have sent a note to them but not yet heard anything back.

Suggestions please.

Thanks John