[OSM-talk] New OSM Quick-Fix service

Yuri Astrakhan yuriastrakhan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 18:43:09 UTC 2017

Thanks Mikel, very well put.

There are currently hundreds of deprecated features & JOSM validations,
with hundreds of thousands of instances. They seem to be good candidates
for community reviewing and fixing. Some of them have been there for over
10 years without being addressed. Setting up a bot to do them may cause
more problems than solving, but the Sophox tasks should help. Reviewing
each change one by one should help spot cases when the change should NOT
happen, and either be fixed manually, or the Sophox query needs changing.
Sophox tags each changset with a task ID, so it will be very easy to undo
in case of a wide-scale error.  This makes Sophox much safer than when
multiple types of changes are combined in the same changeset.

I have copied some of the JOSM & deprecation autofixes as Sophox tasks
(quick fixes page). Which of them would be good for the first review? It
should probably be more obvious, like replacing identical
maxspeed:forward+maxspeed:backward with maxspeed tag, or removing layer=0,
etc.

* https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quick_fixes

Thanks!