[OSM-talk] How to map alleys in African cities?

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 14 21:26:02 UTC 2017

I we follow the Highway Tag Africa wiki page I initiated in 2013, narrow highways should be evaluaed on the type of traffic possible - highway= residential in residential areas if at least passable by 4 wheels- highway=path if only motorcycles, bicyles and foot traffic is possible.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_Tag_Africa

The additions made to the wiki page a few months ago about the width add confusion. I think that we should simply move this in a separate section giving guidance on possible widths that represent the various types of highways.

regard

Pierre